Tuesday, June 21, 2011

4 More Sleeps

I have received quite a few emails since posting my new "wildwalker" address on the blog. It looks like quite a few of you have had trouble posting comments as the blogger is a bit of a pain to set up. Thanks to all those wishing me well - much appreciated and best of luck to everyone too. Whilst I believe you make your own luck - I think we all need a bit over such a long event. I have to confess that having read Richard's blog re the weather I am getting a bit worried as rain and gale force winds not the best combination although hopefully this will blow us all up the west coast!

A public thanks to Michael Bonney who sent me his great excel spreadsheet - I eagerly plugged in last years times with I think a more accurate mileage breakdown. It was interesting to see the gradual tail off in my speed; unfortunately I worked out I would need to set off at about 10mph to be up with the leaders - i need to borrow a bike !!

I have found tapering unusually easy this year as I have almost ground to a complete halt - what with the office move and 2 nights out this week I am left with tomorrow as my only stroll this week. The carbo loading is going well though!! and I have put more training in than last year - the blog has helped to incentivise me over the last few months so I am staying up beat and have convinced myself I am ready for Sat morning.

Last minute preparation: quick shop at up and running to stock up on the Zero high sports drink tablets for the electrolyte drink intake to mix with the water stops. Job for tomorrow; light walk and load songs on ipod. Out Thursday night and then pack Friday night and last blog before D Day. I have asked daughter Cath to do mobile blog upload on the day so will have to see if that works for the culmination of the story...

Jon

Last few Parish memories; standing on finish line with Andrew Titley and Neil Skillen  as per my blog picture(Neil amazingly finished in just over 18hrs on his first ever go - and he still blames me for telling him not to start off too quick as he was only a few minutes behind at the end!! -  the plan worked!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment