Thursday, May 19, 2011

Trying to keep the training up

It has been a pretty busy week at work this week, we are moving office in the next few weeks too so there is a lot to organise. Anyway i have managed to get out for a couple of reasonable length walks after work so still feeling like training is on track. I think there is about 3 weeks left of pushing the training so beginning to feel the end is in sight as it is pretty difficult to get the life balance right at the moment especially with the kids exams too. That said I still find the walking relaxing and a good way to de-stress.

Not much else to add tonight except to confess that I did a bit of planning yesterday ( when I took the night off from training) trying to set myself times to reach each parish church so that I would know whether I was on track. I have tried to shave a bit of time of each leg especially the ones up north when I went through a bad patch last time. It is all very well setting times but I obviously now have to get inside them on the day if I am to improve. I took some inspiration from the BackleyBlack talk as they emphasised the importance of setting goals and preparing - so I thought I would give it a go. I am also beginning to think about food and trying to plan what and when to eat as this side of the preparation is equally important. Yes everyone thinks I am obsessing about the event - I guess they are right but I would really like to firstly finish again, to beat last years time and my ultimate goal get under 17 hrs and to do that takes a bit of obsession I reckon!! Anyway time will tell if the work has paid off.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment