Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cross Training

Busy day today; got out for a good alternative session as decided that need to work on overall fitness a bit more. I am hoping this will pay dividends in the second half on the day as I really suffered up North last year. Once I got through to Maughald i got a real lift and felt ok but before then I was really suffering with exhaustion and overheating; Once I had cooled down and got back onto the main road I just said to myself it is downhill all the way!!

Anyway digressing - I did a 5 mile run/walk up to Santon albeit I think I overdid it a bit when I tried to run up Richmond hill as was exhausted by the time I got to the top! Then Gemma picked me up in the car to meet our friends Neil and Mary for a blast down South on mountain bikes. They took us up every hill in the area and apart from a sore butt and returning absolutely exhausted I really enjoyed it. I also realised that I will never enter the Mountain bike E2E and that I need a new bike (mainly because I used this as an excuse for everyone else beating me up the hills!).

Now curled up looking for a film to watch having had roast dinner and a glass of wine - life is good :)

Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment