Sunday, March 6, 2011

Winter league over - it must be Spring

The last winter league event finished today, 10k at the NSC. It has been a great set of races throughout the winter. I have not done any speed work before but really glad I entered the series. I was not really sure what to expect but picked up some tips last year from Alan's sessions and did some web surfing which also helped me understand the mechanics and tips for walking more efficiently.

Did ok today despite really sore shins before I started - I decided to walk down as it's only a mile or so to see if in could warm them up. This really helped as though I hobbled down there I got the shins going and was ok from the start with only mild pain during the race. I have not really suffered too much with this before but it is really annoying and I must work at getting rid if it - warm up - I keep neglecting this....

Anyway did 61mins something, so destined not to break 60mins but getting closer...
The prizes for the series were awarded after the event congrats to everyone - special mention to Kathryn c who works with me as she came 2nd today and 4th overall with a 7-8 min improvement over the winter. Also big thanks to up and running and the organisers as a lot of effort goes in.

Carried on with the parish training by walking up to mount murray afterwards to pick the car up - pretty tired going up richmond hill as needed some food and more drink and late night on sat nite was perhaps taking its toll. We were at children in need charity ball which was great fun but the red wine was probably not the best preparation.....

Anyway relaxing sunday afternoon and roast dinner will definately sort me out and ready for training walks during the week....

No comments:

Post a Comment