Friday, March 18, 2011

The Last Dance

Well my dancing exploits are over so training can now refocus on walking. Planning to double up walk to peel tomorrow and the watch the rugby with a few mates and have a guilt free drink.

Anyway the dancing at the St Patrick's day charity event went ok - I think it was late enough for the audience to overlook the mistakes and just enjoy our efforts! The night was in aid of oscars dreams - I am not sure how much we raised but I reckon it must have been at least £15k which is amazing with big thanks to Steve McGowan and SMP (who have nominated OD as its charity and are big supporters of The Parish - Mark Denton another parish walker from SMP told me they have 25 entering this year). Also thanks to Castletown Golf Club for the event during the day and all who donated prizes and helped especially Matthew Wickers and Andy Scott who helped us raise such a lot of money in one night (I am on the OD committee so I have an excuse to give it such a big plug http://www.oskarsdreams.org/).

Here are the pictures - what more can I say, except I was a little jaded today....

and I thought we were in time!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment